March 13, 2009

Veggie & Fruit Tales

Disclaimer: My last post took a couple of weeks to get posted -- started it on Feb 22 and finally posted it on March 7th. So I am trying to do better this time around.

This week has brought some more new foods for Caden. Peas were not a big hit at first -- too bad I couldn't get the face he made on camera. However, after a few tries he was better about them. Next we tried bananas, like father like son they were a big hit. Our next new veggie was squash....very similar to peas in Caden's response. Somehow he always seems to eat these better at daycare for Miss Jessica.

Knocking on wood as I type this -- Sleep has been going very well. We have 4 nights in a row of Caden sleeping for 10 hours!!! This is a HUGE improvement from him being up every couple of hours. I know that his sleep could be interrupted any day now with his first tooth trying to come in. In fact tonight he was in his crib at 7:50, but woke up just an hour later for his binkie. Now my fingers are crossed for the rest of tonight.

Caden is getting ready to start sitting up on his own. He loves to look around to see what all is going on around him. Now that he is reaching for things more we are trying to let him touch everything. We must be careful though since he like to grab and pull Gus's hair. We are going to need to teach him how to pet Gus. Gus is being a trooper and hasn't seemed to mind. Caden's been playing with his feet for weeks now. Tonight he got his foot in his mouth when he was laying on his changing table -- Rob missed seeing it, but I am sure we'll see more if it soon. It's just amazing how flexible he is.

The picture below is from Christmas, but I just love his smile and realized I never posted it before. Once I download the recent pics to the computer I can post more.



This pic is one of Caden's new talents -- he just loves to be a big boy and hold his own bottle.

2 comments:

Mindy K said...

love the new layout, sam!

Anonymous said...

He was smiling/laughing at his Aunt Michelle! :-)