January 27, 2011

The Mason Werner Foundation Fundraisers

Rob and I have been touched by the many things people have done to help raise money for Mason's Foundation.  Besides the candle sales, onesies/t-shirts sales and donations we've been honored by the following fundraisers:

1) Goddard School Jeans Day -- Betsy Allen (by introduction of my friend Pam) and her staff used their jeans day money in December to raise money for the foundation.

2) Pin the Hair on Eric -- this is a rather creative idea & brain child of our dear friend Eric.  Who is allowing his staff and co-workers to "pin hair" on his picture.  At $2 a pinning he is sure to raise a lot of money. I can't wait to see the pictures.

3) Goddard School -- Betsy Allen and her staff are at it again.  Through the Goddard School's Community Games the foundation will benefit from the student flags that will be auctioned off. It is just a coincidence, but I LOVE that this event will be held on Mason's birthday -- February 5th.

4) M&Bank - Kansas City Region Jeans Day Project -- A monthly fundraising project of the bank will honor Mason's Foundation in February.  Onesies will be on display at all of the branch locations.

As we approach what would have been Mason's 1st birthday I find some comfort in the fact that my sweet boy has not been forgotten.  His memory is living on with our family and so many others who have been touched by his story.

I hope all of you know how much we appreciate everything you've done for us during the last 8 months.  We wouldn't have made it this far without the support of all our friends, family, co-workers and others who have reached out.  The pain of losing Mason will never disappear.  But my fear that he will be forgotten is diminishing slowly.

Mason, I miss you more than words can ever describe.  I would do anything to have you back here with me.  It's so unfair that you were taken from us.  I will always love you.

No comments: