August 13, 2008

Day 20 of Bedrest

The last couple of days have brought us some good news --

Yesterday, my OB said it was crazy that I wasn't allowed to take wheelchair rides, so now I am allowed a 30 min ride per day and can even go outside. Whooohooo. On our first trip we watched the new babies in the nursery, toured the cafeteria, drove by the gift shop, then took a trip outside.

Today my sister stopped in for a quick visit and we got a tour of the NICU. While it was nice to see where Caden will be spending some time, it was quite emotional for me. At times I just can't help but think this isn't how it is suppose to be. I am suppose to be taking my baby home when I leave the hospital. We got to see a baby who was born 10 weeks early and has been in the NICU for 5 weeks already and just reached 3lbs. Caden was 3lbs when I was admitted at 29 weeks. This Friday when they check my fluid level they will also be checking his weight -- we are really hoping for 4lbs.

A couple ladies from the bank stopped by last night and dropped off a bag full of junk food -- yummy!! It was nice to know they had been thinking about me. Heidi's done a great job of keeping everyone up to date.

Tomorrow Kim and Payton are making their weekly visit -- I am hoping they bring more of the delicious muffins from last week.

No comments: