September 15, 2010

The Little Things

The other night at dinner Caden was so proud of himself for getting his fork to his mouth consistently with food still on it. We were eating one of his favorites, Parmesan Encrusted Talapia, and he was piercing his fish with his fork. We all know that fish is pretty flaky and he did a good job of keep some fish on his fork.

Will seems to have recovered from his double ear infection. It was three very rough nights for mom, dad and Will. Thankfully he likes the amoxicillin, unlike Caden, and takes it like a champ. Tonight it seemed like he was just going to move from sitting to crawling. He's already a rolling machine and I am just not ready for my baby to crawl.

As I was giving Will his bedtime bottle tonight, I kept going back to the last bottle I ever gave Mason. It's the little things that you remember, but also take for granted. I never thought it could be my last bottle...that wouldn't happen until he was a year old, not at 16 weeks. I remember him waking up that morning and smiling up at me when I walked in. It's that special little moment that provides some comfort now.  I do get so upset by all the little things that we are going to miss out on.

Mason was here with us for 16 short weeks....this Friday he will have been gone for 16 weeks.  There is something about this time....the time when he will have been gone longer than he was here that is bothering me so much.  I miss my little boy so much...it's just so unfair.  I'd do anything to bring him back.

No comments: