August 13, 2010

11 Weeks.....I Hate Fridays

Today marked 11 weeks since we lost Mason and I have decided I hate Fridays. While they used to signify the start of the weekend and no more work for a few days, now that are just a reminder of how long Mason has been missing from our family.

This is just getting harder and not easier to deal with. As I was framing Caden and Will's pictures tonight, it just made me really sad that we won't ever be updating Mason's frame again. He won't be getting bigger....we won't get to comment how much he has changed since the last time we had pictures taken. I HATE it.....absolutely hate it. It's just so UNFAIR and it makes me so ANGRY. When I get like this I try to remember one of the saying that was printed in the program for Mason's service (thanks again Charity for sharing this with us):

We find comfort in knowing that our sweet baby spent his entire life in our arms, in our hearts, he has never known anything but peace and love and affection and joy.... Then the warmth of a familiar place, sleep, and nothing more....

I scared myself this morning.....I was in St Joe for a meeting when I looked down and realized that my "mason ring" wasn't on my finger. Immediately I thought it had fallen off, but Rob kept telling me that he was sure it was at home and I had just forgot to put it back on after getting ready this morning. So as soon as my meeting was over I jumped in the car and flew home (made it in record time) and THANKFULLY it was at home.

A funny Caden story......so we've been trying to decide how to break Caden of his bedtime binkie habit. I can't imagine doing it cold turkey so we decided to try the method where you cutoff the tip. Caden took the binkie, stuck it in his mouth and immediately took it out and said "icky". Clearly he was not a fan of the altered binkie. He started fussing......mommy and daddy had second thoughts and decided tonight was not the night......so we got a back-up, unalternated binkie out and went back to normal.

Will was in a great mood during bathtime....he kept laughing at his big brother. Then after his bath, I remembered that Will is very ticklish on his tummy and thighs so Mr Giggles came out to play. I just love to listen to him giggle.

Tomorrow we are going to see the Clifford the Big Red Dog exhibit at Crown Center and then lunch at Fritz's.....Caden is going to be so excited about the trains.

1 comment:

*~*Lis*~* said...

It's so unfair Sam - I think it's unfair and I'm not you, I can't imagine what you're going through.

As for the binky - try cold turkey. That's what we did with S&J and also L when it was her turn. L was difficult, but only for a few days. S&J however never even complained - we just told them they were big kids now and when we went to bed that night they both said "me big girl/boy - no more may-may!". It was so easy I wished I did it sooner! Good luck!!