August 30, 2010

Where Does the Time Go????


That is the question that I keep asking myself....where does the time go???? Yesterday, my Caden turned 2. Today, at his 2 year check-up, we learned that he weighs 30lbs, 8oz and is 34.5 inches long.....just two years ago he was a day old and weighed 5lbs 14oz. He was so little then and well now, he's 100% little boy. He's losing all the "baby" features and is quite the cute little boy. He repeats everything, he is extremely observant just like his mommy, is very routine oriented and wants to do everything all by himself.

On Saturday we had his 2nd birthday party with family and friends. He was so excited that it was his birthday and kept saying "party after nap". It was an Elmo theme from the decorations to the confetti to the cake....he loved it! He now is set for fall clothes (which made mommy and daddy very happy) and has even more toys than he knows what to do with. He better like sports cause he now has a soccer set, tball set, footballs and baseball glove.

"Geg" showing Caden how to play guitar
Elmo Cake
Elmo Cake II
Construction "Tractor" From Brian
I like opening presents
Husker Clothes...Just in Time for Football


Sunday, was a nice family afternoon outside. A big hit was his tricycle from mommy and daddy. It has a handle that allows mommy and daddy to steer, so he just gets to sit back and enjoy the ride. Will enjoyed some blanket time in the yard while Caden got pushed up and down the sidewalk.

First Look at New Tricycle
Wow, This is So Cool
Loving the Ride
Hey Will and Gus -- Check Out My New Ride
Happy Will

Will not only insists on sitting up, but he also loves to stand now. He's learned how to arch his back so that you stand him up. He's so proud of himself and just smiles. We've also learned that his belly is very ticklish....when anyone blows on it he just giggles and giggles. He's such a happy boy and loves every new food that he's tried....including green beans, squash, sweet potatoes, apples, blueberries, peaches, bananas, pears, and finger foods like puffs and Cherios. He's even started getting to share in the morning banana ritual with Caden and daddy. And a little trouper when it comes to using a sippy cup.....he hasn't figured out how to get it to his mouth, but if you help out he does know how to suck. Just like Caden, he's a big fan of water. Like Caden, he's just growing up so quick....it feels like just yesterday that I was lugging around my huge twin belly and now Will is going to be 7 months old in less than a week. He loves to blow raspberries and makes quite the mess if he is not wearing a bib.

Such a Happy Buddha Boy
How Can You Not Love Me?
I Wanna Play
 This weekend also marked the 3 month anniversary of losing our Sweet Mason.  Part of me feels like it just happened yesterday and another part of me feels like it has been longer.  Regardless of which way I am feeling I still long to feel him in my arms again, to see his sweet smile and to see him interact with his brothers.  A recent email from my division head quoted a woman who described a year in her life as a period when "best" and "worst" did not combine to make "average".  I feel that way about 2010.....it start with the amazing arrival of our twins, then midway through our world was shattered when we lost Mason.....now we are simply trying to pick up the pieces and come to terms with our new reality. I miss him so much.....it breaks my heart that he is gone forever, that there is no way to go back to the way things were.  I miss the chaos of raising 3 boys under 2.  I'd like some of the shock of the situation back....cause the full reality of it all is just awful. As the days tick by I find myself having to try harder to remember the details of my memories of him.  Don't get me wrong, I remember him.....but it's like the details are getting fuzzy.  A fellow SIDS mom told me yesterday "We got cheated in this life and now have to learn to live through it & it's so tough & sucks!"

No comments: